Aventurine is a mineral mined near volcanic sites. It mixes well with COE 104 Glass. This aventurine has been made into a rod form and is encased with COE 104 clear glass. Devardi glass is a handmade, hand pulled glass that uses very ancient glass formulas. It is very saturated with color and the color remains very true even with high heat. The color of the rods are commonly the colors you will receive in your bead. Devardi is a stiffer glass than other COE 104 glasses, which can be very beneficial for decorations, encasing or sculptures. With different heat settings, most Devardi glass colors provide different effects. The opaques tend to mottle with high heat, resembling a marbled look, or remain the color of the rod with cooler flames. Different oxygen/propane mixes also can give different appearances. Devardi is generally a lower heat COE 104 glass. Once you become accustom to it, you will find it to be a great glass. Devardi glass rods are hand pulled, and therefore are not perfectly straight or uniform. And the rods will vary in width and length. But this does not affect the quality.
- Devardi Glass Rods COE 104, soft glass. Sparkly Cobalt Blue Aventurine encased in clear soft glass.
- Make beautiful glass beads, marbles and other items fast.
- Sizes of the rods vary from 6-10 mm thick and 8-12 inches long. About 6 rods.
- Use with an all propane/Mapp torch, or propane/oxgen torch.
- Please click the blue “Devardi Glass” above to see all our listings.